So You Have A Story to Submit...
If you're submitting an article for the magazine, here are a few things to remember:
These are the short mini-articles at the beginning of the magazine. Typically these items highlight an event going on in the community.
LENGTH: 150 Words
GRAPHICS: Logo/Artwork and 1 Photo
These are the standard articles that appear in the magazine.
LENGTH: 750 Words
GRAPHICS: Logo/Artwork and 1-3 Photos
These are the first three articles that appear in the magazine.
LENGTH: 1,500 Words
GRAPHICS: Logo/Artwork and 2-4 Photos
THINGS THAT WE ASK WHEN SUBMITTING ITEMS TO THE MAGAZINE:
1. Please try to get as close to the required word counts as possible. Due to established formats, articles that are too long or too short cause layout issues.
2. Please do NOT submit article layouts, graphics, and titles "ready to drop in." Layouts submitted in this manner can cause spacing issues when trying to work in ads and other information.
3. Please submit good quality, large file photos. Small files and blurry photos will be grainy when printed. Typically, photos taken indoors with a mobile phone don't print well. We will be happy to take photos for your article if you need some assistance. A good size photos is one in the 2-4mb size range.
4. When writing your articles, remember that the style for Victoria in Motion is VERY casual. Imagine having a conversation with a friend over a cup of coffee... that should be the style of your article.
5. Have fun!! VIM is a FUN magazine so don't be too serious with your article!